This is the fourth colloid science conference in this series and will be held in Liverpool from July 20th – 22nd 2020. It is being jointly organised by the RSC Colloid and Interface Science Group and the SCI Colloid and Surface Science Group and will provide a perfect opportunity for UK and international researchers interested in colloid and interface science to meet, present and discuss issues related to current developments in this field.
Dr Malcolm Faers | Bayer CropScience
Prof Jayne Lawrence | University of Manchester
Prof Norman Wagner | University of Delaware
Session themes include: -
• Rheology, soft solids and complex fluids | chairs - Andrew Howe & Phil Threlfall Holmes
• Biomimetics | chair - Chris Lorenz
• Colloids & surface science in medicine and industry | chairs - Chris Blanford, Annela Seddon, Karen Sykes
• Formulation science and engineering | chairs - Nick Ainger & Ian Howell
• Nanoparticles and nanostructured materials | chairs - Gemma Davies & Dionisia Jesus
• Foams, emulsions and bubbles | chairs - Lee Fielding, Kristian Waters, & Bob Pugh
• Colloidal suspensions | chairs - Jeroen van Duijneveldt & Alex Routh
• Self assembly | chairs - Dwaipayan Chakrabarti & Stefano Sacanna
• Colloids in motion | chairs - Joe Keddie & Wim Thielemans
• Polymer colloid engineering | chairs - Cecile Dreiss, Fiona Hatton & Joao Cabral
• Encapsulation and release | chairs - Olivier Cayre, David Higgins & Andrew Gray
• Wetting and adhesion | chair - Shirin Alexander
• General session | chairs - Richard Greenwood, Matthew Ruszala & Emily Summerton
• Poster session | chairs - Richard Greenwood & Martin Riley
For more information about this event please visit this link.
A flyer for the event can be found at this link.
Sir Eric Rideal Travel Bursaries
The Sir Eric Rideal Travel Bursaries are a joint bursary between the Royal Society of Chemistry and the Society of Chemical Industry. It provides funds for attendance at a conference in the field of colloid and surface science.
Sir Eric Rideal (1890-1974) was the founding Chair of the RSC Colloid and Interface Science Group.
The Rideal Trust annually offers financial assistance to promising academic research workers in the general field of colloid and surface science to attend conferences and/or to visit relevant research institutions.
Awards of up to £500 will be made on a competitive basis to assist with travel and/or subsistence and/or conference registration fees.
There are two closing dates for applications each year:
15 April (for travel planned between 1 June and 31 December)
15 October (for travel planned between 1 December and 30 June).
Please contact the SCI Awards department for further information.